It is tedious to do grade computations manually. Good thing we are introduced to the different data analysis software in my MA Edtech (Educ294) class.
Data Analysis Software
- a software designed for analysis and interpretation of data using statistical measures
- Allows ease and convenience on the part of the user since it will not require manual calculations
- User shall be well versed with the basic statistical measures and inferences to use the software
- A spreadsheet software developed by Microsoft for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS
- It features calculations, graphing tools, pivot tables and macro programming language
- Statistics Open for All
- SOFA is a user-friendly statistics, analysis, & reporting program.
- It is free, with an emphasis on ease of use, learn as you go, and beautiful output.
- SOFA lets you display results in an attractive format ready to share.
- A program for statistical analysis of sampled data
- A free replacement for the proprietary program SPSS, and appears very similar to it with a few exceptions.
- It can perform descriptive statistics, T-tests, ANOVA, linear and logistic regression, cluster analysis, reliability and factor analysis, non-parametric tests and more
My life as a teacher got easier when I learned about these tools. My sister who is conducting her thesis is even amazed when I computed for her research’s data which requires ANOVA with ease. She didn’t know I used PSPP to compute it! *wink*